Texting?

matherp

Hi

I want to be able to send a text if the mains power trips in a holiday home - this seems to happen regularly if there are thunderstorms nearby.

Getting a battery backed picaxe to monitor the power is easy - the bit I need help with is sending the text.

There are many GSM devices out there that can send texts, mostly expensive, so I could do with some help in qualifying the options.

Has anyone done this, what devices did you use?

All help appreciated

Thanks

Peter

Last edited:

JimPerry

I have a "work in progress"that use 2 servos and a Samsung £15 phone .. "TheOldFart"? had an alarm project using a Nokia that TXt'd him, much more elegant .. do a search :confused:

john2051

Hi Peter, I agree with g6ejd, I've used two of these for some time. One I have arranged to send a text if our alarm is triggered.
regards john m0ers

Circuit

Jim, can you point me to this script, please? I am obviously putting in incorrect search terms.

@John Hauton - John, could you possibly show the code that you have written please; I have bought this device but I am having a little trouble getting my head around its operation. A look at your code may be just what I need to get the thing going. My application is a personal alarm button for a D-Day veteran; the event that we are commemorating today of course.

matherp

Thanks to all for the input - looks like this device is the way to go. As per Circuit's request, any code or links would be helpful. Filtering with search function doesn't seem very easy on this one.