14M2 analog inputs

beck37873

When I use the logicator software to select an analog input on the 14M2 chip it gives me two choices A0 and A4. I found analog input A0 on pin 7 of the chip and my program works and my servo output then works great. The servo output can be sent to pins 8,9,10,11,and 12 even though the diagram in the manual says different, but analog input A0 is not on pin 3 of the chip as far as I can tell. Help me find the other analog input. Thanks

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.

The older Logicator software uses slightly different notation to the modern software so we would now recommend using PE6 (www.picaxe.com/PE6) instead of Logicator for flowchart work.

The pin labels of the chips for Logicator are in the Logicator manuals (see the Help menu within the software). Note that the pin labels are not the same number as the physical 'leg' numbers, for instance in Logicator there is an input 0 but no leg 0 on a real chip!

A0 is on input 0 (leg 7)
A4 is on input 4 (leg 3)

14m2 IR sensor inputs

I'm using a 14m2 for a model railroad crossing. I am using mj5000 IR sensors, on input c.0 and c.4. c.0 does fine, senses the train quickly, starts the program. c.4 is slower, the train is gone with no signal. It passed over the sensor before the voltage on the output of the sensor changed enough to affect the program. Why is c.0 so fast and the other inputs slower? Any way to speed up another input? I also have tried other IR sensors, with trim pots, that break the signal on sensing with no improvement. Opto-couplers help somewhat, but a second fast input would solve my problem.

This post has been given its own thread. Please respond to this post in that thread rather than here -

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?30699-14m2-IR-sensor-inputs

Last edited by a moderator: