AXE027 Down load Cable On Windows 8 Failing to Install

Bozambo

I have been trying for days without any success to install my usb download cable.
1. When viewed through Device manager it is installed and working properly
2. I have tried several configurations using the Wizard through the Program Editor and it is saying every thing is set up and working.
3. However when I open Logicator an error message shows up saying the serial cable is not detected neither com1. A window is also saying that none of the Com ports are available

When my system was running on windows XP every thing was working fine. Any help in this regard would be appriciated.

MPep

I have found that Win8 requires a different USB-serial chipset to function.
Somehow the requirements have changed and only a new cable (internal chipset) will now work.

I tried existing adapters on a new Win8 machine, but none of them worked. It is only when a new adapter was tried that everything started to work.

Hope this helps.

inglewoodpete

However when I open Logicator an error message shows up saying the serial cable is not detected neither com1. A window is also saying that none of the Com ports are available.
COM1 is an unusual port for a USB-Based serial port. When I plug my AXE027 cable into (this Win 8 laptop's) three USB ports, the device manager shows COM3, COM4 and COM5.

Can you check your device manager and see which com port has been allocated by Win 8 to the AXE027 when you plug it in?

Peter

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The AXE027 works fine on Windows 8 and if visible in Device manager should be ok in Logicator. Make sure your Logicator version is up to date.