Help Please (sound to light conversion)

curtis_1966

Hello need some help please. Looking to get 6 sets of 2 3mm red leds to flash to a soundtrack, like people talking. I understand that timing might be my best bet but I have no clue what to buy to achieve this. I have a separate board that I bought self contained with a mp3 sound card with audio out with a PIR sensor to activate it to run servos with a 14M2 pic. Is it even possible to run two pics off one PIR. If you think you can help I can give specifics on the other board.

oracacle

Exactly how do you want them to move, like a VU meter or in some thing more like a sequence?

there are plenty of VU meter IC that should be able to meet your critierat, and I cant think of a reason why a picaxe and apropiate band pass filter could not be a VU meter either

As for running 2 Picaxes' froma sinlge PIR, that will depend on the input from the PIR. a data sheet on the device in question would be extremely helpful

curtis_1966

hey thanks for the replays guys. I didn't explain myself very well. I have a 3-axis skull controller controlling one skull, I just want the other 5 skulls eyes to flash when its there turn to talk.