08M2 and 14M2 SIP boards with Eagle PCB files

lbenson

08M2, 14M2, 20M2 SIP boards with Eagle PCB files

Here are two single in-line pin boards I made for breadboard use. The PCB design is in Eagle CAD. I had them made up by Osh Park--3 boards each.

I've sent in a bundled design to iteadstudio which will provide 10 14sip boards and 20 08sip boards for about $20US including shipping--a dollar a board for the 14s, fifty cents for the 08s.

I tend to cut my 65-row breadboards into smaller pieces with a bandsaw. Many useful designs are possible with the 08sip and an 8-row breadboard.

For the eagle files attached below, remove the ".zip" extension to get the .sch and .brd files.

Additional 20M2 sip board in posts 8 & 9.

Attachments

Last edited:

lbenson

14SIP2 single in-line pin 14m2 board for breadboards, with Eagle files

For the eagle files attached below, remove the ".zip" extension to get the .sch and .brd files.

Attachments

Last edited:

lbenson

iteadstudio pcbs for 08sip and 14sip boards

I received my 08- and 14- sip boards from iteadstudio.com yesterday. This consisted of 10 pcbs, each having one of the 14sip boards and 2 of the 08sip boards (plus a 9-to-3 pin keyboard module because there was a little extra room).

I cut the modules off of two of the boards with a bandsaw. Attached is a photo of what they look like.

I've also attached a zip of the gerber files and the eagle board. Remove the ".txt" extension to get the zip file.

The cost was $10US for the 5cm x 5cm board, plus $8.95 shipping. This comes to about $1 per board for the 10 14sip boards, and 50 cents per board for the 20 08sip boards. This could be a lifetime supply for me--but maybe not.

Attachments

julianE

Just had to thank you for sharing your boards. i ordered a few of the 08M2 and just finished testing, blinking away.
Well done.

cilek

lbenson, Thank you for providing us with the schematic and layout files. I was recently thinking of taking up this project but wasn’t sure because of mess made by wires if we go on placing these components without these boards. Last time I attempted something of this sort, all the wires got jumbled up and it was so hard to diagnose which connection was faulty when one of the connections got bad.

pcb assembly

Last edited:

lbenson

Thank you--hope it's useful. It can help not just with breadboards, but with wired-up designs (which I also find very hard to debug). I recently made one with 2 inputs and 2 outputs and connected to an 08sip board with 6-wire cable. Cause of initial failure was easy to track down by starting with 5V and 0V connected, and adding connections until I got to the one which was causing the failure.

lbenson

Two 20sip boards prepared, one to control a Nokia 5110 LCD. As before, remove the ".zip" extension to get the .sch and .brd files
20sip_eagle.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: