Motor command - can you reassign pins?

stevesmythe

When using the Motor command in Logicator (v5 or v6), can you reassign the pins for Motor A and Motor B? They seem to be assigned to pins 0,1,2 and 3 and I can't see any way of assigning them to, for example with a Picaxe 08M2, 0,1,2 and 4.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
There is no way to change the motor pins used in the MOTOR cells but you could create subroutines or use BASIC cells for setting a particular motor's direction.

stevesmythe

As I thought. The reason for asking is that Logicator generally (and the Motor command in particular) could be an accessible introduction to Picaxe programming for younger children. Once you start writing Basic code and writing subroutines it suddenly gets a bit more complicated from a teaching perspective. It's a shame as using, say, IRIN on pin3 and Motor commands for pins 0,1,2 & 4 on an 08M2 would be a nice easy way to start programming a robot.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Using PE6 it should be possible to create flowchart cells which would do as required.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
As Hippy mentioned Logicator has now been replaced by PE6, in which you can build your own flowcharts cells to do this.

However as the product AXE023 also uses the same pins (0,1,2,4) for motor control we think your idea is very sensible and so we will also add a motor_axe023 cell to the next PE6 build.

This will do exactly what you suggest.

Last edited:

stevesmythe

I see from the Revision History that a motor command "suitable for AXE023 with 08M2" was added in 6.0.6.3. I have just installed 6.0.6.4 but I can't see this command in the Flowchart module. Is it there - if so, where?

stevesmythe

Oh good. Technical's reply above led me to think that there would be two different Motor commands, with a separate one for 08M2 processors. So, assuming that Picaxe Type is set to 08M2, then motors A,B,C,D control 0,1,2,4 respectively?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Oh good. Technical's reply above led me to think that there would be two different Motor commands, with a separate one for 08M2 processors. So, assuming that Picaxe Type is set to 08M2, then motors A,B,C,D control 0,1,2,4 respectively?
Sorry for late reply, we missed this post.
There are various motor commands for specific boards as well as the 'generic' one - right click over white space in the toolbox section of choice and select 'Add new item'

BrBarry