mac axe pad problems

pleiser

a few problems with mac axe pad
problem 1:
Macaxepad seems to have a problem with #rem,#endrem, one works but adding any more and it doesn't detect the endrem, it will stop being green after the endrem, but it will stay comented. eg:
Code:
main:
goto aftercomment
#rem
this rem will not stop
#endrem
aftercomment:
goto main
will cause a syntax error:
Code:
error: label not defined - aftercomment.
if I remove the rem and endrem it works as expected but I have to comment each line seperately (with ')

problem 2: when printing from macaxepad, the print range from number to number does not work, it prints all of the pages, not just the ones listed e.g. printing from page 1 to page 2 still prints all (20 in my case) pages.

slight inconvienence: it would improve consistency with other OS X programs if the options menu was available from Macaxepad...preferences rather than view...options
~patrick

EDIT: it would also be helpfull If mac axe pad was the default to open .bas files, when I click on one it opens numbers, I tried the method of clicking always open with, and it did not work (maybe because macaxepad is not a reccomended program.

Last edited:

tmfkam

The #Rem...#EndRem seems to be working for me?

Code:
main:
goto aftercomment
#rem
this rem will not stop
#endrem
aftercomment:
goto main
That compiled with no errors for me.

I'm using MacAXEPad 1.5.0. I seem to recall there were some minor inconsistencies with the previous version regarding labels and code folding which were fixed when I upgraded. Worth a shot?

I agree that the 'file association' is annoying, that doesn't seem to be fixed.

I've just tried printing, and you appear to be right there too. I selected one page only, I got twenty two!

I have managed to get the new programming editor to run in a WineSkin, thanks to another member. Not tried printing from it mind you. Perhaps that won't work... Just tried it. No, it seems to want to print all pages. Luckily I managed to hit the cancel button before paper came streaming out! Printing does work mind you. Writing came out. Result!

If using the programming editor under Wine, remember not to try scrolling the program window. It is terribly, terribly, terribly slow and locks the editor until completed.

If interested in the help I got from bpowell on how to get it working in a WineSkin, see here: http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?25421-PICAXE-Editor-6-0-6-2-now-available-for-download&p=258733&viewfull=1#post258733

Alternatively I run it under Windows XP within VirtualBox. You'll need a Windows install disk and licence for that if you haven't already.