Diptrace - Adding library

ZOR

I am going to try Diptrace. I think from what I have seen I think I can print out my track layout in 1:1 on clear film to enable home made pcb?

However I found the Picaxe scematic footprints are not the M2 versions, then did search on this site and downloaded various dsn files.
But I cannot find how I import them into the existing libraries. Can someone be good enough to:

1) Confirm I can generate artwork to burn photosensitive boards.
2) Explain how I update my Diptrace Library

Many thanks

ZOR

Thanks Jim, however they don't look as though they filter/accept .dsn files in import.

SteveT

Hi Zor,

If you are using windows 7, you will find a folder under 'My Documents' called DipTrace. In that there is a sub folder 'My Libraries' put both files in here.

Load up diptrace - schematic will do - on the menu bar at the top go to Library then LibrarySetup. Select 'Add' then point to 'My Documents / Diptrace / My Libraries' and you should see the files you want to add.

ZOR

Solved, the file extension .dsn was just for the purpose of having links on the forum. Need to amend extensions to .eli and .lib

All the best

ZOR

Many thanks, I followed your link and have installed the libraries and all looks excellent. I just need to confirm I can print out my track layout onto transparent film for UV exposure.

Thanks Jim, I read the information on extending the license, but wondered if it's still valid as postings are quite old. I will give it a try as it's worth it.

Best Regards