​ ​ ​ ​ ARM binaries for command line compilers? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: ARM binaries for command line compilers?

Quote Originally Posted by julianE View Post
    Thank you gentlemen for the explanation, I did a quick try with a 22K pull pull up on Q2 and it did not work, will experiment more as time permits...
    If you have a multi-meter, just monitor the Q2 collector voltage (w.r.t. 0V) and try lower values of pull-up resistor until Q2 saturates (voltage less than say 0.5V). Don't go too low, but 10k should be safe for the Pi (5V/10k = 500uA). Increasing the value of R2 will help to achieve Q2 saturation with sensibly high values of pull-up resistor.

...I do like the circuit cause it uses so little space....

There are dual inverters available (maybe something like this: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/sces617a/sces617a.pdf) but I have no idea about price and availability.

...I did have to make some slight modifications for the pi zero wireless....
    Please publish your modifications for the Pi Zero, as this may be helpful to others.

Are you just using the Pi to program, or is it an integral part of your Picaxe project?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDee View Post

Please publish your modifications for the Pi Zero, as this may be helpful to others.

Are you just using the Pi to program, or is it an integral part of your Picaxe project?
    I certainly will. Need to buy a new pi zero w and do a clean setup. I changed a lot of things while troubleshooting and I'm sure most were unnecessary. I'm not sure but I think I'm using a software serial instead of hardware. Just like your tutorial I'm using pins 8 and 10 on the pi but the device is /dev/ttyS0.
    I used a half a dozen sites to figure out how to get serial communication going on pi zero w. pi with bluetooth and built in WiFi are a little different then the original pi. Here is the web site that was of most help,
    https://spellfoundry.com/2016/05/29/...ncluding-pi-3/

I will try to pick up a fresh pi zero today and see if i can set it up to work and take notes along the way.

I have some ambitious plans for pi/picaxe combo. I'd like to have multiple picaxes controlled by a single pi, have some sort of a switching system to select which picaxe would be attached to the pi, one at the time. perhaps use a 4066 chip for switching between picaxes. i'd like to have it all battery powered and to be able to power off the pi and turn it back on remotely. turn off i can do through WiFi and use the 315Mhz modules with a picaxe to turn it back on. i've been reading the forum about solar cell battery charging because i'd like to have it all battery powered.

of course, life always gets in the way of fun i hope to have some free time soon.

I picked up a new pi zero w and i have no idea how i got the first one working i patched it together from a number of sites. I did find one site that explained it succinctly,
    https://community.particle.io/t/tuto...on-rpi-3/30194

here are the steps if the link disappears,

$ sudo -s
    $ echo "enable_uart=1" >> /boot/config.txt
    $ systemctl stop serial-getty@ttyS0.service
    $ systemctl disable serial-getty@ttyS0.service
    $ nano /boot/cmdline.txt #Remove console=serial0,115200

After a reboot you should be able to use /dev/ttyS0

to check type in

ls -l /dev/serial*

that will list all your serial ports.

Follow SteveDee instructions just make a couple substitutions,

http://captainbodgit.blogspot.com/20...g-with-pi.html

I start the minicom program with,

sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyS0 -b 4800

and for the compiling,

./picaxe08m2 -c/dev/ttyS0 yourprogram.bas

it worked for me. i did sertxd every few seconds just sending something like ("count= ",#b0,CR,LF) and had no dropped characters. I'm not sure if ttyS0 is a software serial or hardware UART, I'm using it at 4800 and it's pretty solid.

Hope this helps someone using a pi zero w and it should also work on a pi3 which i will be testing soon.