PICAXE 08M Motion Activated Robot

KRA5H

Want to learn how to build a robot out of Snap Circuits? I'll show you how to combine Snap Circuits parts from three different sets--the Snap Circuits rover, Snap Circuits Micro (PICAXE 08M), and the Snap Circuits motion detector--to make a simple programmable motion activated robot. For a complete step-by-step build of the robot, visit my project at Instructables: http://www.instructables.com/id/Hack-the-Snap-Circuits-Rover/

stevesmythe

Interesting project. Shame there's only four output ports on the 08M! On the bonus project, I was wondering why you need the npn transistor attached to the motion sensor? Why not just connect the signal from the motion sensor directly to port 3 on the Picaxe? Also, instead of using the "pins" command, wouldn't it be neater just to use "setint" and scan for an interrupt on port 3?

rigidigital

Want to learn how to build a robot out of Snap Circuits? I'll show you how to combine Snap Circuits parts from three different sets--the Snap Circuits rover, Snap Circuits Micro (PICAXE 08M), and the Snap Circuits motion detector--to make a simple programmable motion activated robot. For a complete step-by-step build of the robot, visit my project at Instructables: http://www.instructables.com/id/Hack-the-Snap-Circuits-Rover/
Hi KRA5H, I cant see how to buy the robot or parts, can you help please ? Mike.

cactusface

Hi KRA5H,
That must be a fairly expensive robot to build, does it do anything other then just dance like that?? It's not real electronics, it's like Lego with wires! Start from scratch, even if you use vero-board as a base. My bots are based on the 18M2 at least, if you want to drive 2 motors, a servo and a U/S distance sensor, and you just have to have a few LEDs. I am now on about my 5th bot (working on 2 really)..

You can see my early bots here: www.melsaunders.co.uk under electronics.. I am more then willing to help anyone, any way I can..

Hope it helps, regards.

Mel

Last edited:

cactusface

Hi KRA5H,
That must be a fairly expensive robot to build, does it do anything other then just dance like that?? start from scratch, even if you use vero-board as a base. My bots are based on the 18M2 at least, if you want to drive 2 motors, a servo and a U/S distance sensor, and you just have to have a few LEDs. I am now on about my 5th bot (working on 2 really)..

You can see my early bots here: www.melsaunders.co.uk under electronics.. I am more then willing to help anyone, any way I can..

Hope it helps, regards.

Mel