Home etched protoboard

JimPerry

That's what I suggested the waxy paper for! Nail Varnish REMOVER (Acetone)and a green pan scourer to remove the toner ..:cool:

CLUELESS1

Thanks Jim. I didn't have any CD labelling sheets, so I went for the glossy magazine. I found it a real pain with acetone, the toner did not just wipe off, I used scouring paste (CIF) and had to rub for a good 15 minutes. Samsung laser printer toner seems very durable. Anyway got there. Now looking at board cutting, tried tin snips earlier and it bent the board on the first cut but then I could not move along to cut the line further without badly cutting/cracking the fibreglass.
I have a Dremel and seen people make their own table saws, surprised it's not a readily available item from Dremel.

JimPerry

Use a steel rule for an edge and a Stanley knife to score it heavily (both sides) then it will snap -- try on scrap piece first :cool:

CLUELESS1

Thanks Jim, I will give that a try. I did see sometime ago a guy put two metal rulers on a base, slightly raised, with a Stanley blade width slot. Idea you slide under the rulers and score. However I will give your idea a go. Thanks