Cannot Detected By The Programmer Editor Picaxe 08M

genz10

Hello, few days ago i just by my picaxe module 08m at picaxe website, when i finished assembly it then i connected to the usb and the programmer editor, but it doesnt detected(Hardware Not Detected), it said that maybe havent connected to power and the other else.
the port that u use is ready to use,
and this is how i soldered the 08m > i soldered all of the pin to the module without add-ing anything else, is that correct ? or i need another hardware to be soldered to the module, when i try to put the servo it seems move a bit
is there anything i can do to this module to make it read-able ?
Thank you so much :)

mrburnette

Look in Windows device manager to "see" if the comm port is enumerated ... like as Comm4 or Comm5 or in my case all the way up to Comm22. Anyway, if enumerated, Windows should state the driver has been installed OK. I have seen cases where a PC will require reboot (with the USB removed) and then the USB reconnected after the Windows OS has come back up and become stable.

- Ray

genz10

Look in Windows device manager to "see" if the comm port is enumerated ... like as Comm4 or Comm5 or in my case all the way up to Comm22. Anyway, if enumerated, Windows should state the driver has been installed OK. I have seen cases where a PC will require reboot (with the USB removed) and then the USB reconnected after the Windows OS has come back up and become stable.

- Ray
i've set to com port 1 and it's stable and ready to use :) still doesnt work

mrburnette

I'm always suspicious when a USB connection is stated as mapping to COM1.... I would suggest running PE and clicking on Help / About /System Info. Do this without the USB cable connected. You should not see anything mapped to COM1 which means the USB can take on that resource. If you have any of the MicroSoft Office products, Help / About / System Info should provide the same information: look under System Summary / Components / Ports / Serial.

On the notebook I am on at present, I see that I have a Soft Data/Fax modem on Com1: therefore, USB must be mapped to port 2 or higher.

- Ray

genz10

Then you better give us your schematic.
i'm not sure that i've soldered it correctly, the module is not need anthing else right ? only the pin ?
is there's any way to test that the download socket is can be use ?
I'm always suspicious when a USB connection is stated as mapping to COM1.... I would suggest running PE and clicking on Help / About /System Info. Do this without the USB cable connected. You should not see anything mapped to COM1 which means the USB can take on that resource. If you have any of the MicroSoft Office products, Help / About / System Info should provide the same information: look under System Summary / Components / Ports / Serial.

On the notebook I am on at present, I see that I have a Soft Data/Fax modem on Com1: therefore, USB must be mapped to port 2 or higher.

- Ray
i will try this :) later i will inform on this thread :) thank you so much

genz10

i've tried all things on the google but i still cant solve this problem, anyone please help me i'm stuck here , cant edit the program and run it :(

westaust55

Please post:
1. a photo of your board showing the components and traces clearly - best taken at right angles/perpendiculator (rather than at an accute angle), and
2. if not a standard Rev Ed protoboard such as the AXE021 then also a schematic diagram.

Without some clear information, we are guessing as to the posssible problem and whether it is ahrdware or software related.

Are you using a Rev Ed supplied AXE027 download cable or some other cable (if other which one)

Do you have the cable comemcted to the PC before you start the Programming Editor - otherwise the PE will default to COMM 1 and you will need to search for the correct COMM port number.