​ ​ ​ ​ ADC pot to servo position mapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ADC pot to servo position mapping

Hippy, I must be dense because I don't know if Min is meant as a selection from a set of values by the program or by the programmer prior to coding. I don't find Min in the list of PICAXE BASIC commands, so ( b0 Min MIN_POT) means little to me, and 'Max b1' suggests the 'MAX value of B1' except that b1 has a particular value at execution of 'MAX b1'. Maybe you will have a similar problem interpreting by punctuation.
    Thank you for your reply.
    John

Thank you. I should have done more study: in other words, more use of my time than use of your time. You are very kind. I have long been pleased how willing you and others on this forum are to give their up time. It makes this experience so much more enjoyable. Thank you.
    John

Technical Support

MIN and MAX confused me when I first encountered them on the PICAXE because I imagined they selected the minimum or maximum value of two values respectively.

They are in fact limiting or constraining operators; 'don't let a value be below a minimum', 'don't let the value be above a maximum'.

In "a Min b - b", the MIN limits 'a' to have a value equal to or greater than the minimum value 'b', so that when 'b' is then subtracted the result will never go below zero - which would actually give a wrapround result on the PICAXE which only deals with positive integers.

''a Min b - b limited to low value of zero" is an excellent example . I'll remember that.

Again, thank you.
    John