08M2LE

I know I've been across the 08M2LE somewhere, but long forgotten.. Just that it it a kind of 08M2 intended for educational use, but with some extra limitations. And as searching gave no answers, I have to ask here: what is it?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
It is pretty much as you describe, a chip positioned partway between 08M and 08M2. It has M2 features but not the full range the 08M2 does and particularly only 256 bytes of program memory. It's for educational customers and included in our low-cost school project kits.

Thanks Hippy, we are considering using it exclusively for educational purposes. 256 bytes of program memory is an important spec, however, 'partway between 08M and 08M2' and 'It has M2 features but not the full range the 08M2' is a bit vague... Manual2 does not seem to offer any help here. Is there any other source available for concrete info on commands and hardware for the 08M2LE chip?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Is there any other source available for concrete info on commands and hardware for the 08M2LE chip?
I believe there is, but we will have to get back to you on the where or what. The differences I'm aware of compared to the 08M2 are -

256 byte program memory
256 byte data eeprom shared with program memory

No multi-tasking support

No readtemp / readtemp12
No readinternaltemp
No readowsn
No I2C support
No bptr variable support

Last edited: