Connect PICAXE 210 via radio to Raspberry Pi

ciseco

We have just designed an adapter for the Pi that can take the same radio modules as the AXE210 kit which means you can send text to and from your RasPi and PICAXE

Would anyone be interested in me knocking up some simple examples?

DDJ2011

Sounds like a great idea!

What will you do - put the schematics up or send a sample to willing testers?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
We have just designed an adapter for the Pi that can take the same radio modules as the AXE210 kit which means you can send text to and from your RasPi and PICAXE
Is there an award for phraseology up for grabs :)

I think the consensus would be that if it's of use to PICAXE users then yes, people will be interested.

ciseco

You really don't need to build anything custom electronics wise, it's as simple as connecting RX to TX and TX to RX (plus power) with those style of radios.

The RevEd AXE210 can be ordered with an XBee (other xbee shaped devices are available ;)) a Raspberry Pi and the XBee adapter (the thing I was refering to) is all you need, plug it all in (after you've soldered up the two kits), cut and paste some code and viola, you are in business.

You could also use the Arduino shaped board that Rev Ed do (cant remember the part #), it comes with a proto shield you can use with XBee shaped devices.

@Hippy from advice of the past I was seeking to stick to: inform only :)