PH Test

peter howarth

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Test reply.

lbenson

This is what google translate says (from Latin):

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, enhanced mental focus, can help you save time, money, and Hawaii. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, as well as from around the world. No products to list in this category will be sent to the item below. There is no product, you are going to electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.

I especially like the part about saving Hawaii. But dolor ... dolore ... dolor ... dolore--it's certainly a sad state of affairs.

Paix

Sandbox as entertainment medium?

You were right Hippy. Nice to see that the IQ testing system is having positive results. LoL

westaust55

From the wiki site:
Lorem ipsum is also featured on Joomla! and WordPress web content managers. Microsoft Office Word 2007 and 2010 have a lorem feature accessible by typing "=lorem(i)" or "=lorem(i, j)," where i and j are natural numbers.
In that context possibly yes, but a file with the Lorem ipsum text has been available in MS Word/Office for much longer than that. Maybe back to the late 1980's.

russbow

What's the bug nick ? All 4 things appear, to my mind where they should. Or am I missing something.

R.

nick12ab

What's the bug nick ? All 4 things appear, to my mind where they should. Or am I missing something.

R.
The code has only one set of QUOTE tags and one set of CODE tags and the result of deliberately mixing them caused two quote things to appear and only one code thing. The "thing2" text is also many lines in from the top in its QUOTE area.

I think that the forum should detect the wrong order since it is a demonstration of a mistake that could be done accidentally.

Test again below:
Code:
thing1[quote]thing2
thing3[/quote]thing4

If I then edit a post containing this, I'll notice that extra tags have appeared.

This isn't a big deal at all really since it will be obviously noticeable if you posted that by accident and you'd edit it immediately. Just something to inform vBulletin about.

Last edited:

russbow

Would the order have something to do with it ?

You've got code, quote, /code, /quote ( I think )

Seems to me should be code, quote, /quote, /code - nicely nested ?

peter howarth

nick i got logicator running on my laptop, although its only an unregistered version, how would i go about getting it registered, the decision command cell actually has the yes output at the top of the diamond, and the no output at the side, should the yes be at the top of the diamond, rather shouldnt it be at the bottom of the decision diamond? its odd

westaust55

@peter,

I do not use Logicator myself but yes, would have thought the "Yes" would be at the bottom or side of a decision diamond as per the images on the Rev Ed website: http://www.picaxe.com/Software/PICAXE/Logicator-for-PICAXE/

You would likely get more responses if you were to post in the correct area for Logicator software related questions: http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?41-Logicator-for-PIC-micros

You have posted in the "Sandpit" which is for folks to test ideas and likely will not get as many responses.

nick12ab

nick i got logicator running on my laptop, although its only an unregistered version, how would i go about getting it registered, the decision command cell actually has the yes output at the top of the diamond, and the no output at the side, should the yes be at the top of the diamond, rather shouldnt it be at the bottom of the decision diamond? its odd
I'm assuming that you have now installed the .NET Framework files. To get it registered, you need to either buy a license key or enter a name and unlock code that is provided for students by schools.

Unlocking it just gets rid of the nag screens. I found that after a few subversions (the license key my school gave me came with a CD-ROM for version 3.0.1) a message will appear saying that the key needs to be renewed by sending it to Rev-Ed for free and after a few more subversions it was just ignored completely. As I never code in Logicator anymore, I just install it to help with issues like this, I could never be bothered to get it renewed. If I enter the code again, I do get the message again. This system is likely to be a way to trap pirated keys or possibly to enable 'loaning' of the software in which case loaned keys won't get renewed by Rev-Ed after a certain date.

nick12ab

Another forum bug

When using the search feature, deleted posts are included in the search. For example, a search for 'Dave Hunt' will turn up the recent thread OT: An example of poorly commented smart alek code. even though neither of those words appear in the thread anymore since a moderator deleted his obscene message which I saw earlier (it was post #2). I'm guessing that moderators can read deleted posts but as normal members like me cannot read them it would make sense for them not to appear in search results.

peter howarth

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Test reply - The above post was posted by Rev-Ed signed is as named user.

Sandbox as entertainment medium?
You can be assured there is nothing entertaining about it :-{