LCD characters

Captain Haddock

I'm sure I'm being dumb again so please help, I'm trying to use some of the characters in the axe133 pdf but just can't get the format right to put in the serout command brackets, I always end up with something I don't expect displayed.
How do the hex numbers along the sides get used?

nick12ab

To use the hex numbers, the number marked 'upper' goes first and the number marked 'lower' goes second.

Examples (powertip module):
Pi symbol = $ED
micro symbol = $EA
CGRAM 1 = $08
up arrow = $C5

So to send an up arrow and print it on line 1, char 2, you could use serout C.0,N2400,(254,129,$C5)

nick12ab

I don't know which LCD module the LCD that came with your kit is (the AZ Displays one, maybe). Look at this OLED module datasheet - page 24 onwards. LCDs come with different table layouts and it will be one of the four in that datasheet.

jtcurneal

The font table shown in AXE133.pdf is one of the font tables available in a particular OLED display.

The font table in your budget LCD display may have different characters for the hex values that you are sending.

The data sheet for your particular LCD display should have the correct information for displaying the characters that you want.

Joel

g6ejd

I've been here too with thr axe133 pdf, I wrote a small programme to slowly display each code and character in the display, mine (purchased Aug'11 fro Rev Ed) did not correspond to the data sheets. Luckily I did not need a lot of characters so once I had found the codes my task was done, but I share the frustration of out-of-date data sheets.

Captain Haddock

nick12ab thank you very much! I'm sure it's the one on page 26 :)
I thought I was missing something obvious.

Doh! Still not right.

Last edited: