Alt+F4 on startup bug/punishment

nick12ab

In Programming Editor, if I press Alt + F4 before that splash screen has disappeared, the splash screen never disappears. If Alt + F4 is pressed again, the main Programming Editor window closes but the splash screen stays there. Using Aero Peek, I can see that underneath the splash screen, before the main window is closed, there's an error message that says 'Runtime error 5, invalid procedure call or argument'.

At first I thought this was a punishment for trying to skip the splash screen, but if Alt+F4 isn't pressed, clicking the splash screen makes it go away immediately.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Alt-F4 is a Windows' application abort signal so it's probably trying to close Programming Editor while the splash screen is displayed which throws an error which isn't trapped.

I've made a note of the issue and the workround for now is simply not to press Alt-F4, click on the splash screen if you want to dismiss it as you have found.

nick12ab

Alt-F4 is a Windows' application abort signal.
I know that - I tried it to see if it made the splash screen go away because I hadn't realized I could click the splash screen to make it go away. I should have stated that I was trying to close the splash screen and that would also avoid any implication that I'm going through all possible key combinations in order to find bugs.