Error found on circuit creator

John West

You look for "where's wally." I'll look for "Where's Waldo?" Between us, we'll find somebody. Speaking of somebody, who runs "Picaxe.com," anyway?

ciseco

Perhaps someone Antipodean can look for "where's shiela" and they could have a little party, something a trois I think they call it

Revolution Education, main chap is Clive

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Done and dusted.

http://www.picaxe.com/Circuit-Creator/Sound-Outputs/Piezo/
Why's there an absolutely nonproductive V+ rail in the PCB layout?
The way Circuit Creator works, if you're designing your own PCB, is to copy and paste the individual interfacing circuits to the board design then just join up the appropriate tracks, so the V+ here isn't required but it can be a pass-through to another circuit part added elsewhere.

You can see that in the Circuit Creator diagram of Step 4 where the redundant track through the piezo is used as such a bridge ...

http://www.picaxe.com/Getting-Started/Create-Designing-a-PCB

Of course, if it's not needed, the PCB designer can always delete it.

ciseco

Many thanks for the change, just noticed it called a transducer did someone mean transciever?

I too can't see how it could be used with the bolt together solution unless it ocupied 2 slots I guess. We however could do a one wire style wrapper for it and a custom module in that size. If Clive or the microbric guys would consider such a thing remotely useful, pop me an email, happy to consider such a thing, I like the idea of lego bric type solutions.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The site is still a work in progress in places and there are some parts which are not complete. Ultimately it's a choice between -

* Put up nothing until it's all complete
* Only put up what is complete
* Be as complete as possible with holes becoming filled-in later

The later course was taken as the most useful position for everyone though we did hold off until we got most things complete; there's been an awful lot of hard work by staff here and that's still ongoing. The advantage of it all is that we now have a site which can grow and best meet the needs of PICAXE users as I'm sure it will over time.

@ ciseco : Those micro-bric connectors are quite neat, the same as used in the Microbot, and a great way to put things together. I've made a note about creating an XRF custom module and will pass that on.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
I too can't see how it could be used with the bolt together solution unless it ocupied 2 slots I guess. We however could do a one wire style wrapper for it and a custom module in that size.
The general approach for linking larger third party products into the bolt together Create System is via a 3 wire 'servo extension lead' connection from the product to the 'servo create module' which is already included in both the BOT115 starter packs and BOT120 microbot (and extras also available in the BOT123 add-on pack). This is the method already used, for instance, for the AXE133Y Serial OLED module, so you still have a 'solder free' exchangeable connection to the motherboard but without the space constraints of the modular system.

So a PCB that could have an XRF fitted and one or two 3 pin 2.54mm headers would probably be the best approach for linking the XRF to the Create modular system.

We will be shortly uploading the XRF/XBee pcb/schematic for the self build creator system - as Hippy states it's a work in progress but nearly complete now.

Last edited:

ciseco

Serendipidously your wish is about to be launched, it's smaller than the XRF, has 2x3 standard pin header in a line, is tollerant of 5v data. Has onboard voltage reg so you can power it from even higher voltages if desired. We have emulated the FTDI cable layout so in many respects it can be treated like a 1/2Km long cable. DTR is also there so if your micro supports it you can reset and program wirelessly many platforms like the thing was connected by a wire, there's videos of an XRF doing the same on you tube.

The new URF and ERF both utilise the new Johanson ETSI balun and associated chip antenna, this is whats holding up release, they are still on back order. This will mean the performance of the two at 315/433 will be very limited compared to the XRF but deliver ETSI compliance. Something I'm sure hippy will be pleased of.

Last edited: