Blogs now available.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
As part of our ongoing website improvements we are pleased to announce that user PICAXE project blogs are now available.

The blog feature is primarily designed to allow users to document their PICAXE project developments. It uses an interface very similar to the forum, so should not be that difficult for new users to get to grips with. Naturally you can post images, schematics, project code and video links. Please keep them PICAXE related!

Simply click 'Blogs' in the navigation bar above to get started.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Is it possible for a moderator to move a thread from the main forum to the blog thread?
Yes we can, though I haven't tried that yet! I'm guessing it duplicates the thread as a blog so the forum post is not lost.

As we have a 'volunteer for experimentation' I'll practice with some test threads first so if you see weird and wonderful blogs for me or other mods just ignore them.

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, as you found - hover over the title and click the pencil icon that will appear.

Jamster

I was just browsing the forum and I came across the new articles section...So i was just wondering how Food, Travel and A Mario trailer related to PICAXE ;), although annoyingly I cant read the food section :(.

I have to say it looks amazing and I won't annonce how to get to it ( a)I don't want to steal Technicals spotlight and b) I think I would be kicked if i did).

Jamster

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
I was just browsing the forum and I came across the new articles section...So i was just wondering how Food, Travel and A Mario trailer related to PICAXE ;), although annoyingly I cant read the food section :(.
I have to say it looks amazing and I won't annonce how to get to it ( a)I don't want to steal Technicals spotlight and b) I think I would be kicked if i did).
Jamster
Please see
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?18835-Forum-Update-and-new-features

The articles section just has dummy data at the moment whilst we are working on it - we will let everyone know when it is ready to use (and the dummy test data has been deleted!)

Jamster

Me being picky again but on the blogs section: there is no space between the "by" and the username in the posts (so it says "byJamster" instead of "by Jamster").

It keeps puzzling my slow brain. :D

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
@ inglewoodpete : Thanks for the screenshot. There's definitely what looks like a space before the "on" when viewing the page source in FF5, and both FF5 and Chrome display correctly, so could be an issue with IE9 rendering. We've made a note of the issue.