Forum issues

Charliem

I know this might not be the place for this,but I don't see a place for forum issues. I am unable to post from my main pc running IE 9 . this is from my laptop. I keep getting the error message" message you entered is too short, please lenghten to at least 10 characters". My post are over 10 characters. whats going on?

Thanks
Charlie

BCJKiwi

Found the same when upgrading to IE9, went back to IE8 and problem solved.

Also found a number of 'compatability'? issues with various other sites and programs with IE9.

Have not been back to IE9 yet to see if these other issues have been resolved - sticking with IE8 for the time being.

nick12ab

Have you tried using compatibility mode?

P.S. IE9 works as long as you're not using the WYSIWYG editor.

P.S. Compatibility mode works with the WYSIWYG editor.

Brewer

I got this same message using Safari 7.1.7 on a Macintosh. The post was much longer than 10 characters. Can a post be too long? I've tried to post the same information about 6 times now. When I submit the post, it first tells me that I'm not logged in. How did I type in the post if I wasn't? Then I get the error about the message being too short. Help!

P.S. If this post doesn't work then read my mind.

nick12ab

I got this same message using Safari 7.1.7 on a Macintosh. The post was much longer than 10 characters. Can a post be too long? I've tried to post the same information about 6 times now. When I submit the post, it first tells me that I'm not logged in. How did I type in the post if I wasn't? Then I get the error about the message being too short. Help!
You get logged out automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity, so if it will take more than 30 minutes to write your post, you should click Preview/Go Advanced or open the homepage in a new tab.

If your post is too long, it will say that it's too long, not that it's too short.

Brewer

You get logged out automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity, so if it will take more than 30 minutes to write your post, you should click Preview/Go Advanced or open the homepage in a new tab.

If your post is too long, it will say that it's too long, not that it's too short.
Thanks, good to know. It was a long post and definitely took more that 30 minutes to write.

techElder

Don't ask how many times it took me to learn this :mad:, but I'm in the habit now of copying my REPLY to the clipboard frequently if its more than 5 or 6 lines long. Just in case I need a BACKUP.

And then SOMEWHERE there is a "Keep me logged on" check box. Unless you're on a PUBLIC computer, that helps tremendously.