Picaxe 08M Porgramming Issues...

ChedderCheeser

Hi all. I am new here, so if this the wrong section, just let me know. Anyway, I just got a Picaxe 08M and a proto board for it. I assembled it and it worked fine. I programmed it with MY pc first. I later programmed it with my OTHER pc. Now, I cannot program it with MY pc OR my other pc. I have NO clue why. I know the chip is NOT damaged... And YES, I did have the header pin thing on the prog. position. What do you think I should do? I DONT have the parts to build the circuit on a breadboard... but I could go buy them and see if its the proto board... Idk. Thanks for your time and please reply A.S.A.P.!!!!! THANKS!!!!! :D

Pic:
http://www.instructables.com/files/orig/FIY/0QWD/GP7IF2YQ/FIY0QWDGP7IF2YQ.tmp

Last edited:

jtcurneal

Have you tried downloading a new program uaing the procedure discribed in the hard reset page in PicAxe Manual1

Joel

ChedderCheeser

Have you tried downloading a new program uaing the procedure discribed in the hard reset page in PicAxe Manual1

Joel
Yes, I have. I also tried to clear the heardare memory. I need to figure this out!! I SPENT 54 BUCKS! Anyway, Thanks for the asap reply! But i still need help. :(

EDIT:

I did ANOTHER hard reset, and it started to work. Thanks!

Last edited:

Svejk

PE is Programing Editor version 5.3.6 and Axe027 is the programming cable. In the photo supplied looks like you are using exaclty those. Never mind.

Svejk

I had some random issues with PE 5.3.5 and 5.3.6 and that programming cable but I can't pinpoint it. Downloads perfectly, then a few minutes later it doesn't no matter what, then behaves again and so on.

ChedderCheeser

I had some random issues with PE 5.3.5 and 5.3.6 and that programming cable but I can't pinpoint it. Downloads perfectly, then a few minutes later it doesn't no matter what, then behaves again and so on.
Well, i'll let you know if I have any other issues. THANKS!

manuka

54 bucks! Is that real money or (tease) $US? A solderless breadboard will be ~an order of magnitude cheaper.

manuka

I certainly agree that PICAXEs are well worth it, but (as old hands on this forum well know), using a breadboard setup makes for both an extremely cost effective AND versatile evaluation platform. Check typical barebones appoaches that are popular here in NZ.

I'm a soldering fanatic,BUT only bolt down circuitry when it's 100% tamed and ready for final application. Stan.

westaust55

From cheddar's other current thread and considering US courier costs the US54 may well also include RGB LEDs, microphone and other unspecified items

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I did ANOTHER hard reset, and it started to work. Thanks!
Hard Reset can be a matter of getting the timing right which comes with practice.

The best technique is to power-off, initiate a download, wait for the download screen to show "Connecting to hardware..." then power-on.

Glad to hear you've now got it working.

hamtech

I am having the same problem. Did you get a resolution to the issues or is it a caseof going back to an earlier editor??

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I am having the same problem. Did you get a resolution to the issues or is it a caseof going back to an earlier editor??
We would recommend always using the latest Programming Editor.

Going to an earlier version is highly unlikely to solve any download issues which may arise. It's more likely that a Hard Reset will solve the problem