Motorized macro rail on the cheap

dsvilko

Hello everyone,

Do you have the HEX file, as I don't have the picaxe cable? So I can upload the source code with the pickit 2.

Thank you in advance for your help.
You can't program a blank pic with a compiled Picaxe code and you also can't upload a picaxe code to the picaxe with anything other than the picaxe 'compiler'/uploader software. A HEX file would be of no help.
All you need is ANY kind of a serial cable and a few resistors. I don't have a 'official' Picaxe cable but have used a generic USB->serial adapter.

unigamer

I'm not into macro photography and not sure if it could ever hold my attention for very long... but I love this! I think I'll have to make something similar one day because I feel like I need one. :)

Nice build and good documentation.

dsvilko

Be careful. Macro photography can be addictive! I am not talking about close-up photography but true macro at 2:1 magnification and beyond. Photography where you reveal objects at the level of detail that very few people have seen.
Here is one of my recent photos:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hprJrX0k2ak/Tgtp5yloMVI/AAAAAAAABf0/1H7wOs1HRJg/s0/2011-06-29-11.12.10%2520ZS%2520retouched2.jpg
This was taken with a very low-budget equipment. 35 photos were taken with my rail and stacked with ZS.