Choosing a Fluke multimeter

Andrew Cowan

Oh, and if you do get a Fluke, look it over well (it sounds like you are). I've used Flukes that I didn't care for, the way the features were laid out, or the ranges on the current meter, or the size, etc.
I'm looking out for a fluke 87v - the fluke 87 series are the most popular and widly used for electronics - there was the original 87 back around 1996. The 87V is the latest version.

Or build a robot...
Been there, done that :) I'll do a writup for the finished projects section of this site when it's finally finished.

Andrew

Last edited:

Andrew Cowan

Update: I ended up buying a "Fluke 87V/E2 KIT Industrial Electrician Combo Kit" (Fluke 87v, tempereature sensor, probes, crocodile clips, TPAK magnetic hanger, soft case etc) off ebay, brand new condition (including the original screen protector). It was £180 - under half the RRP, for a never-used before meter. I'm very happy with it! The 87v is a very capable and well-layed out meter.

Andrew

fernando_g

Congrats, Andrew!

Now, all you have to do, is to show up the pair of leads to a defective board, and the circuit will immediately be cowered into confession: "I'm guilty, I'm guilty, Q1 is leaky, but it was C2's fault!"