Runtime error 339

Grogster

Hi.
Trying to install PE ver 5.2.7 on a P3/850MHz laptop with 512MB RAM, 4GB HDD, Windows XP Professional SP3, and after the installer completes sucessfully, and I try to run the programming editor, I get the following error message:

Run-time error '339':

Component 'wave32.ocx' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

wave32.ocx is in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 and is 43kb in size, if that is of any help...

Anyone seen this before?

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
If you use MyComputer to go to the wave32.ocx and then use File -> Properties then Version tab, what does it say the file is ( version, description, copyright ) ?

It could be that you have a wave32.ocx which has been installed by another application and differs to what it should be so it doesn't contain what Programming Editor is expecting.

Grogster

If you use MyComputer to go to the wave32.ocx and then use File -> Properties then Version tab, what does it say the file is ( version, description, copyright ) ?

It could be that you have a wave32.ocx which has been installed by another application and differs to what it should be so it doesn't contain what Programming Editor is expecting.
Version 1.1.0.2
Mabry Wave Control
Copyright 1994-1998 by Mabry Software Inc

I note this is quite old...
Perhaps I should copy the OCX file from another computer with the programming editor installed, to this laptop ovewriting this file and see what happens?

EDIT: Copied OCX version 1.10.002 from another machine with working copy of programming editor, to this one, overwriting the old OCX, but still same problem. Running the regsvr32 command at the RUN box results in the same message - can't find the file that is there.

Oh well. We'll work it out eventually. :)

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Someone else reported this workaround:

To fix the wave32.ocx issue:
- Find a copy of mfc40.dll and copy it to your c:\windows\system32
- Register wave32.ocx manually:
Start>Run then type regsvr32 "C:\windows\system32\wave32.ocx"

Note mfc40.dll should be on your system anyway, if its not then it may have been deleted by mistake - try the recycle bin!

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Running the regsvr32 command at the RUN box results in the same message - can't find the file that is there
Ah .... I thought you meant that the error in post #3 was happening after you'd registered the .ocx, not while trying to register the .ocx

Grogster

Someone else reported this workaround:

To fix the wave32.ocx issue:
- Find a copy of mfc40.dll and copy it to your c:\windows\system32
- Register wave32.ocx manually:
Start>Run then type regsvr32 "C:\windows\system32\wave32.ocx"

Note mfc40.dll should be on your system anyway, if its not then it may have been deleted by mistake - try the recycle bin!
Thanks - mfc40.dll is in c:\windows\system32

Version is 4.1.0.6140
Description is MFCDLL Shared Library - Retail Version
Copyright is Microsoft Corp 1993-1995

Still can't run the regsvr32 command.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Try using an MS-DOS / Command Prompt ...

C:
CD \Windows\System32
DIR wave32.ocx ( to check it exists )
REGSVR32 wave32.ocx

Shouldn't be any different to running as Technical described but you never know.

Grogster

Run from command prompt as instructed.
OCX file IS there, same message.

A window pops up on top of the command-prompt screen saying that the module can't be found.

SeanOKeefe

I get the same issue.
I have an old laptop w/ a minimalistic installation of XP SP3, but the wave32.ocx file is there, as well as regsvr32.exe and mfc40.dll.

I'm still trying, but am stumped...
Thanks,
Sean

Grogster

This is an old thread, and I can't remember what I finally did to fix this - I think I reinstalled Windoze, then PE and it worked then. Could have been a virus or other nasty stopping it for some reason. Not really what you may want to do, but if you have a spare couple of hours, you could.(reinstall Windoze).