Is the new release ready?

fernando_g

In a previous e-mail thread, I was advised that a new release was forthcoming in the week of 12-16 January.

Has that been released? The Update manager has been telling me that "No updates are available at this time" for the whole week.

My Release is 7.2 SP4 Build 4937

Thanks in advance

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The new 1.0.4 update has just been uploaded at www.picaxevsm.com

As many files have been updated it is necessary to download the whole setup rather than just a patch. You can then use this setup to upgrade your installation.

The updates are:

1.0.4 19.01.2009
Upgraded ISIS core to
- greatly enhance simulation speed
- reduce convergence and step errors
- improved simulation accuracy
- added hundreds of new parts
- add colour coding syntax for BASIC program
Modified models to use universal PICAXE compilers
Modified models to improve power rail modelling
Fixed issue with nap not parsing correctly
Fixed issue with hi2cout not outputting first byte
Fixed issue with 28X1 code usage report locked at 256
Fixed issue with last lookdown value not being checked
Fixed issue with stop bit polarity of serout/sertxd
Added support for PICAXE-18M
Added support for 'readoutputs' value on 28X1
Added support for 'readportc'' on 28X1
Fixed various issues with portc simulation on 28X1/40x1
Fixed compiler issue with 'on gosub' code line numbers
Fixed compiler issue with 'select case' code line numbers
Note that as 'on.gosub' and 'select case' are pseudo commands
they require more than one click on the 'step' button to
step. This is normal behaviour, because the PICAXE is
processing mutiple if/goto commands for each 'pseudo' command.

westaust55

Yes is being released.

I guess I had some inside information was was obliged not to divulge until the Rev 6.7 manuals were officially released.

fernando_g

This is it,correct?

I've installed using the full download. and now on the "Help, About Isis" I get the:
Release 7.4 SP2 (Build 6564)

This is it, correct?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
There are two version numbers in VSM.

The Labcenter ISIS build number (Help>About). Yours is correct.
The PICAXE VSM Model number (via the information messages during a simulation - latest is 1.04)

deneve

versions and m2 support

I have also just bought VSM and think it is a great simulator. I too have got vers 7.4 sp2 build (6564) 1.o4 (19.01.09). Does anyone know when will a new version be coming out to support the 18m2 chip and the m2 generally?

Edit
Actually I've just noticed when I look at the simulation messages that my version is is 7.4 sp2 build (6533). Is this right? or have I been sold an older version?

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The new release should be available soon, the latest version is the software download (1.04).

geoff07

Are the VSM X2 parts anywhere near ready? I'm trying to sim a 28x2-driven analogue system and it is proving impossibly difficult for syntax, ADC availability and memory reasons to do the backport to 28x1. Alternatively I don't mind having a go myself if the process is reasonably manageable. Adapting the X1 model might be rather less effort than creating a new test program for the x1, though I stand to be corrected on this.

geoff07

I see that the X2 parts 'are in beta'. Beta implies they might be good enough to try. Do you need some testers?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I see that the X2 parts 'are in beta'. Beta implies they might be good enough to try. Do you need some testers?
They should be good enough to try and by 'beta' we mean should work for the majority of programs but we aren't promising everything will be as good as it will be once they leave the beta phase.

The PICAXE VSM v2 beta version with support for X2 will be released shortly for everyone to download and test via the www.picaxe.com site. Subsequent beta versions will follow in due course.