bas805 wont install

solarobot

it says error c:/windows/system/richtx32.ocx file not found. i searched the whole computer and couldnt find this file any help.

i also note it installed on a desktop running windows 98SE but not on my laptop running windows 95

please help

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This file is installed as part of the version 4 main install. Download the full installation and run this, rather than just the patch.

solarobot

i downloaded the full version the already registered version. should a try the other non registered version

thanks

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The two Programming Editor versions are the same, just the method of getting to the download file differs.

You could try copying the RICHTX32.OCX, RICHTX32.OCA and RICHTX32.DEP files ( not all may exist ) from the 98SE which works to the same directory on your laptop and seeing if that works, repeat for any other .OCX's it is also dependant upon.

solarobot

i tryed copyinf files it now says internal error 2717. executeAction

i would like to try the old editor software(ive got it) but dont know the password and the current one dosnt work could you send me the old one.

thank you all. its really inoying a only got the laptop to program picaxes but i cant even run the software.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Uninstall the software (start>control pane>add/remove programs). Then reinstall form the latest fulkl installation.This will automatically put all the files in the correct place.

If you manually install ocx, dll etc. you will need to register then use regsvr32.

solarobot

the editor software hasnt even installed so i cant remove it. should i try upgrading to win98, or does it run on linx.

thanks for your contiued support