A simple 10 meter Morse Code beacon on 28.322 Mhz.

Mycroft2152

HRA,

A nicely done pcb. I'm especially impressed with the accuracy of the drilled holes, dead on in the center of each pad.

For those of us,without the great hand-eye coordination, making the pads a bit oversized covers a lot of sins.

Myc

vk6bgn

Thanks Mycroft,

After I have etched the board and rinsed any excess Ammonium Persulfate off, I then use Mineral Turpentine and a rag to remove all the blue paint or blue plastic and the laser printer toner off the boards when using the blue “press & peel” iron on paper transfer technique. This exposes the shiny copper.

I then use a metal scribe tool with a very fine point and basically center punch and indent in the “center” of each pad and or location to be drilled. (Not with a hammer! Just center punching using pure pressure on the scribe to pre-punch the hole locations.)

Then drill every location with a .8mm drill using my super cheapy 99 dollar drill press.

Then drill any component locations which require larger holes with a 1mm or even a 1.5mm bit.

De-bur all the holes.

One last rub down with alcohol to get any oils or Turpentine off the copper and you’re ready to solder! Nice shinny copper = no flux required!

Yep, it takes longer to go around and pre-punch the holes before drilling, but the holes end up in the center of the solder pads which works better. And looks better too!