LED's Question

I know this has been sasked many a time but im only novice and need help with this a-level project.

If i had a picaxe 08M with: 4 LED's(out 0,1,2,4) connected to it
and 1 switch (input 3)

what would i need to do to make all the LED's ... FADE ON ... then ... FADE OFF .. again after 5 second.......

also do i need to do any fancy circutary to do this as at the mo they are just a 330r resistor to the led and then to ground (0V)

also could you explain the program in novice terms !!! :cool:

thanks a lot !

alex :confused:

Rickharris

I know this has been sasked many a time but im only novice and need help with this a-level project.

If i had a picaxe 08M with: 4 LED's(out 0,1,2,4) connected to it
and 1 switch (input 3)

what would i need to do to make all the LED's ... FADE ON ... then ... FADE OFF .. again after 5 second.......

also do i need to do any fancy circutary to do this as at the mo they are just a 330r resistor to the led and then to ground (0V)

also could you explain the program in novice terms !!! :cool:

thanks a lot !

alex :confused:

What you need to do is search on Fade LEDs

You will find some information here

Nothing fancy - A little though that, as an A level student, with only 3 or 4 weeks to go to handing in his project you should by now be able to get together.

you must have done the research - studied the PDF manuals and any other sources you can find until you have them memorised, worked out and down pat - Indeed you should have been experimenting by now to make sure you can get this operation done

To give you more direct help at this stage would be tantamount to cheating and doing the work for you.

Sorry to sound harsh but I teach and my A level students have to learn the hard way - support does not mean tell me the whole answer - it means direct me and guid me to the solution - See above.

Good luck ,start burning the midnight oil,

PS on the good side I tested the coded just now on a bread board in under 15 mins including searching for some suitable LEDs it works with a little tweaking of the original code.

manuka

Alex: PWM is your friend- check the manual, but best of all experiment! Displays can be so entrancing that you'll run the risk of missing deadlines, so try & stay focused.

To reinforce other postings - this forum best helps those who help themselves...