Serial Input Timeout

RBruceM

I was wondering if a timeout for serial inputs has been added yet, or if someone has a clever work around for this problem. I'd like to use a 28x for an remote start/shutdown/monitor of a Lister CS antique diesel for my offgrid homestead, but I need to be able to communicate data to another Picaxe back in my shop via opto isolated current loop. Even 300 baud would be fine.

I've used the 18x for a remote cell phone controller/power manager, and think they are great.

Thanks,
Bruce

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Timeouts have been added on the X1 and X2 devices, but other PICAXE's will have to use the workrounds and other tricks previously descried in the forum.

BeanieBots

28X1 supports serin with timeout.
See page 134 of the latest manual.
Also, see page 59, hsersetup for background serial direct to memory.

There are numerous workarounds, too many to mention but a search of this forum should reveal a few.

BeanieBots

<A href='http://194.201.138.187/epages/Store.storefront/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.TechSupplies/Categories/PICAXE/PICAXEChips' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>

RBruceM

Thank you! That solves my serial comm issue in the simplest manner possible. I don't suppose anyone knows of a US supplier? I've been using phanderson.com in the past, he doesn't have the x1 parts.