DPM accuracy at the millivolt level

wapo54001

I have almost completed my project to build a circuit card using an 08M that converts a linear sensor input of 0.5~4.5vdc to a variety of outputs to match various reading devices using a jumper arrangement to choose an output to match the read device. The board always will be used in an automotive-type environment.

I have found a digital panel meter that is ideal in size (small) but is typically available only in the 200 millivolt configuration with one decimal place; ie 199.9mv

My circuit is intended to read up to 15.0 in .1 increments. That means that with this board and display, the input range would be 0.0mv up to 15.0mv with a required resolution of one-tenth of a millivolt. I would create that voltage range by reducing my 1.5v full scale output with a divider circuit consisting of a 1 meg and a 10k resistor.

I have never used a meter with that kind of sensitivity in an automotive environment. My question is, will it work OK, or will it jitter all over the place given an input that will be typically between 1 and 4 millivolts and requiring that .1mv resolution?