BUG in editor #REM/#ENDREM does not work.

drspiff

Programming editor 5.0.7, downloaded and installed yesterday. The manual says that multiline comments can be constructed using

#REM
-------comment here---------
#ENDREM

The #REM seems to make all text that follows it into comments. The #REM command works fine. However, the #ENDREM is not recognized. Once the #REM is issued, evrything that follows becomes comment and there is no way to end the comment section.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Works okay for me on all PICAXE variant compilers.

It doesn't work if you use "#End Rem" with an embedded space, but nor does "#End If". I think an unclosed "#Rem" should however give a compiler error, which it doesn't at present,

Dippy

Well I'm blowed!
So REM can be upper or lower, but endrem has to be all lower.
Hadn't noticed that. Well now I know.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Both #endrem and #ENDREM work for me; no evidence of case sensitivity with all variations I've tried.

Perhaps drspiff can give us an example of some code which doesn't actually work, along with information about which PICAXE variant is being compiled for, which version of Windows OS is being used.

Dippy

Here is what I get:

<code><pre><font size=2 face='Courier'>
#rem
My comments
#endrem

b0=1 ' I'm in the pink.Fine.

#rem
Some more Comments
#Endrem

b0=1 ' Oh Dear I'm all green and remmed.
</font></pre></code>

PS. Its not important as long as you know.
PPS. I'm on up-to-date XP + SP2.

Edited by - Dippy on 12/02/2007 12:30:20

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Aha - Thanks for the clarification. I now see the same effect when I use the default colour scheme. Also, while #IfDef is 'command coloured', #Else and #EndIf are not. There may be similar anomalies elsewhere.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This is a known issue, at present only #endrem disables the green colour coding. But either actually works when it comes to the download.