software installation

aldosb

During installation of bas805 v3.4 'Internal error 2349' comes up and the installation terminates. This happens if it is installed on top of v3.3.2 If I uninstall v3.3.2 then install v3.4 during the installation it cannot read from the .msi from the installer directory. Can anyone help?

aldosb

I'm sorry I omitted the Windows version.
I tried to install on two machines both running XP Pro. One machine is an AMD K6-1800 and the other a P3-650. Both give the same error. Again both machines will install bas805 3.3.2 with no problem.
Thank you for your prompt attention.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Installshield do not document this error code so we cannot help at this time, although we believe it is a specific error to your system rather than a generic Windows error. We would suggest you uninstall the old software, restart the machine and then try to install the new software. There is no difference to the Installer software used in 3.3.2 and 3.4.0

bryanstaines

For what it is worth:
I uninstalled the old version, deleted any shortcuts and reloaded the new without any issue at all. This is on a P3 600Mhz machine running Windows 2000.
Good luck !

aldosb

Thank you for the replies. I uninstalled the previous version and tried a fresh installation. This time it returned a 1901 error (error attempting to read from the source installation database). I tried installing to 4 different computers, always with the same error. I assumed i had a corrupted file. I re-downloaded bas805.exe. This time it installed without a hitch.
Thank you again for your help.
regards.