**** PROBLEMS WITH PROG EDITOR v4.18 ****

mattrich

I have just installed the latest version of the Programming Editor but I am having major problems with it!

1/ When I go to program my 28X chip with a previous program I have written that worked fined and which I programmed in a previous version I get an error message saying...

Error5:Invalid code/argument/procedure (or something similiar)

2/ When I go to open the PICAXE terminal so I see the messages I am sertxd'ing from my 28X I get:

Run-time error '8005' - Port already open

=========================================

These two problems are only occuring now that I have installed the latest version of the prog editor (I didn't use the patch but uninstalled prev version and installed new version)

I want to go back to my prev version (the release before 4.18) but I have lost the installation file and I think something has been corrupted anyway...

How do I go about entirely removing any trace of the latest version after doing the usual UNINSTALL etc. I have a feeling there could be corrupted data eg in the registry....

Any advice/help would be much appreciated!

Also technical, if perhaps you could provide a link so I can download the prev version of the editor that would be much appreciated if possible!

Thanks

Matthew
________
California Dispensary

Last edited:

tarzan

I too have had problems with the new release. See post in Software Feedback.

Have you tried System Restore?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
There are two unconnected issues here.

1) does a syntax check work? - if so there has to be an issue with your serial port setup.

2) A few users have reported this but we cannot duplicate the error on any of our test machines. We have uploaded a small beta patch with additional port checking at

<A href='http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/software/progedit.zip' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>

and would be grateful if people could report whether this resolves the issue!

budge

Could technical please tell me if the new software supports converting word variables to assembler and the READADC10 and PWMOUT commands.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
All new changes are documented on the 'software' page of the website.

There are no updates to the assembler conversion in this release.

mattrich

Hi technical

The syntax check presents the same error as when you hit program!

Invalid argument etc....

Might give that patch a go

Thanks

Matt
________

Last edited by a moderator: