28x input pins

chingdevil

If I use a statement in a program like:-
If pin4 = 0 and pin5 = 1 then stop, it is accepted by the programming software. If I change it to:-
If pin6 = 0 and pin7 = 1 then stop, any ideas please

BeanieBots

Either line should be OK for a 28X.
Do you have the editor set to 28X mode?

On second thoughts, isn't "stop" a reserved word and cannot be used as a label?

Edited by - beaniebots on 4/25/2005 12:42:46 PM

chingdevil

It does not matter what is after "then" the software always says there is an error in the line. the software is set for 28x

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Both lines compile okay when I try them using a valid label, but I'm a bit concerned when you say "If pin4 = 0 and pin5 = 1 then stop" compiles, because it doesn't, and it shouldn't.

Which version of the Programming Editor are you using ?

What is the exact error message you are receiving ?

What is the exact text of the complete line where you are getting the error message.

Edited by - hippy on 4/25/2005 2:03:30 PM

chingdevil

I must appologise, I have got myself confused. What I was trying to ask was why I can not compile three if - then statements in a row, for example.
if pin4 = 0 and pin5 = 1 then slow
if pin5 = 0 and pin4 = 1 then fast
if pin6 =1 and pin7 = 1 then stop. I always get "error in this line" for this line of code.
What stops me having this in a program?I Sorry for the confusion in my last postings

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
All three IF statements are intended to conditionally jump to other code which have Labels, "Fast", "Slow" and "Stop" respectively. The problem is that "Stop" is a command name and cannot therefore be used as a label. The same would be true of "Halt" ( press F1 in the Programming Editor to find a list of names which are command names and can't be used as labels ).

The simple solution to your problem is to use a different name for your label instead of "Stop".