USB driver don`t operate

faalvarez

I donwload de axe027 driver for my laptop, but I couldn´t install and my usb port COM3 not read my robot. My laptop it´s DELL inspiron 6400
What can I do??
feralvarez

faalvarez

not yet

when I install de driver, windows say: "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find teh necessary software" The sofware I download of web:
www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe, and I follow the instructions....
What happend?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Which Windows version ? Was the driver software extracted to a temporary directory ?

Readers can only guess what you've done wrong or where the problem may be. A detailed step by step report of what you did, what happened at each stage, what looked right and what was different to how the installation process describes will help. Don't forget we're not looking over your shoulder so don't know what you do.

GBlair

Windows XP
C:\temp\axe027
Step by step as the directions stated. I have tried on a work PC with XP as well 3 at my house. I have also tried the other drivers from the picaxe website

Attachments

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Could you get a listing of the files in that directory at the time it says it cannot find the software required ?

I'm not sure I'll be able to help but others may be able to see what the problem is.

I hate Windows when it says "Cannot do that", gives a generalised error but won't say what it was looking for. If it said exactly what file was missing one would be able to tell if it were there or not. I had a similar problem as this with different USB hardware, it got partway through then said "Failed. A file is missing". No indication of what file or what for. Had to re-install XP to get it to work :-(

slurp

Just received my AXE027, down loaded the drivers and extracted them to a folder.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, followed the instructions plugged in the USB and pointed the install to the right folder... as described the install when round the install loop twice as described for the two drivers required to operate the cable.

The only problem was the Set-Up button (on the programming editor) didn't trigger the Device Manager but started that from the control panel and finished the set-up without problem.... will test the down load later.

regards,
colin

Allan Gurnsey

USB port with proto board kit

New member - using windows XP home version SP2. Protoboard kit constructed, checks OK. The software cannot find the Picaxe board. Went thru install procedure (twice around). Device Manager shows Universall Serial Bus controller, FTDI, Loc = Location 0(axe027 Picaxe USB), working properly.
Mode set for 18X (I am using picacxe 18AX chip). When try RUN, get error msg "can't find on Com 3" (or 1, or 2, or 4). Had installed 8mhz resonater, removed it and tried again set for 4 mhz. with no resonater in board. What I do wrong?? This is all brand new to me.

Last edited:

BeanieBots

Um, no such PICAXE as 18AX.
None of the 18 series requires a resonator.
To the best of my knowledge, none of the proto boards can even have one fitted.

So, which PICAXE and which proto board do you have?
What happens if you click the "firmware?" button?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Device Manager shows Universall Serial Bus controller, FTDI, Loc = Location 0(axe027 Picaxe USB), working properly.
You are also looking in the wrong part of device manager - there should be a entry under the Ports (COM & LPT) section. This tells you which COM port has been allocated.