need help: load to robot functionality

dorita

I am doing an open source project for a robot running on PICAXE-18X. Basically, it is a visual program-creating tool for the robot, mainly targeted to be used by children. It uses simple graphical blocks (a block may represent a sensor, an actuator, a program control statement, etc.) easy to be understood by a child, that when interconnected form a diagram. Such a diagram is then automatically translated into PIC BASIC code ( .bas).

My problem is that I do not know how to create the “load to robot” functionality for my program. In essence, considering the PICAXE Programming Editor it would be the functionality PICAXE -> Run (F5), which compiles the .bas program and loads it to the microcontroller.

Is there any way, possibly a library provided in the installation CD for the PICAXE Programming Editor, which I may utilize for the above mentioned functionality?

Thank you

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Unfortunately there's no publicly available program which can compile and download to a PICAXE other than the Programming Editor. The protocol used to download is proprietory and not in the public domain.

It may be worth contacting Revolution Education Ltd directly - email address under Technical Support here - http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/