datalogger wizard error

Lucky Phil

I have recently download and installed version 3.5.1 of Programming Editor then upgraded it to 3.5.2 as I have just ordered your AXE110 datalogger from Microzed in Australia. I have been trying to use the datalogger wizard as to learn a bit about it before the datalogger arrives.
When I click on the 8x24LC256 button, (I have also ordered the memory expansion board) the program starts processing my request for a while then I get the error message " Run-time error '5' " Invalid procedure call or argument. When I click the ok button in the error box, Programming Editor shuts down.
If I click the other buttons eg. 1x or 4x24LC256 the program thinks for a while then it's ready to use. I have uninstalled the program then re-installed it without upgrading it and still get the same result.
I am running Windows 95 on a Pentium 120 laptop with 16mb ram.
I have looked for info on error messages but have not found anything to help me.
Please let me know how to fix my problem.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Sounds like your system is out of memory, 16MB is very low for running Windows (below Microsoft recommendation).

erihc

have you tried the error elimination process? install and run the program on a different computer and go from there. previous windows versions do have the tendency to have trouble running software that was created and compiled on later (newer) windows versions. even though 16 megs of ram arn't much, they do work for me on me workbench tinker machine...

Lucky Phil

I have tried the same set-up on a different machine, a p2 350 with 256mb ram and have the same problem. I have taken a screen shot of the error message I get, but don't know how to upload it here for viewing.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We have not been able to reproduce this error on our test machines, but believe it was due to the large number of items added to the listboxes. We have therefore modified the list boxes in version 4.0.2 (now available on software page) to have much fewer items. Hopefully this will resolve the problems a few users are having.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
4.0.2 has fixed the problem which I was also seeing in 4.0.1 on a K6-2-500 256MB, WIN98SE.