downloadproblem

Satchid

I have received a picaxe experimenter board and put it together yesterday. With it I ordered two picaxe08 chips allso 2 picaxe18x and 2 picaxe28x. I started testing the board with the picaxe18a that was delivered with the kit and the flikkering led program. That worked well. Then I changed everithing to test with the picaxe08. it started downloading but eventialy it failed. tehn installing the other picaxe08 it worked. What could be wrong. both picaxe08 are brand new delivered yesterday.
Satchid

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Plesae note this forum is only for software issues - please post in the correct forum.

Make sure the connections are correct for the 08 and 18 - they use different connectors on the experimenter board.

Make sure you are using up to date software.

Make sure power is correct - 9V DC supply or 4.5V battery only in appropriate connector.

Make sure you have powerded down the board and followed the hard reset procedure for the the PICAXE08 which has had the partial download (ie remove power, wait 20 secs, click 'run' on screen, wait for the progress bar, reconnect power).