Technical - programmer Installation issues

bcj

Recently upgraded to 5.1.3 (from 5.1.1)

Am working on a program for the 28x1 and found I was unable to use variables above b13.

After much checking I finally went to the Windows' Add Remove programs and found around six installations of the programming editor there (Presumably all the earlier versions).

Uninstalled each of these in turn and then re-installed 5.1.3 into a different folder (as lots of files were left in the standard install folder without warning).

Now I can use variables through to b27 as documented.

Perhaps installation routines could be tweaked to either check for previous installed version and either;
Update properly (i.e. uninstall/upgrade the previous version), or
to at least warn / advise the need to remove the previous version before installing a new version, or, install in a separate folder.

Also, if files are to be left behind after an uninstall, then perhaps this should be advised so the uninstaller knows where to go to complete the uninstall.

Perhaps this behaviour accounts for some of the other 'errors' advised in the programmer in other parts of the Forum?

Thanks
BCJ

JimHu

using the 08M are there any problems using the interrupt function when also using the servo command.
I am having problems with this combination and suspect that servo uses the interrupt and only one is available?