5.0.8 Patch Fails to load?

premelec

I downloaded the 5.0.8 patch - 3.9 MB - ran 'setup'[contained in the patch]in the directory where my 5.0.7 is called and resultant program under 'help' shows ver 5.0.7 syntax DLL 131072 - not 5.0.8. Where have I gone wrong? [setup seemed normal doing its routine...].

Thanks...

Edited by - premelec on 16/03/2007 04:53:48

BeanieBots

I can't really help you but I ran the patch and got 5.0.8 syntax DLL 131072.
Don't know what the previous syntax version was but you seem to have the latest.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Only logical explanation is that you have installed into a different folder, hence leaving two versions of progedit.exe

Check the shortcut paths to find out where the other one is.

premelec

I downloaded BAS805.EXE and ran it and it works now... entry notation doesn't show a DLL # but correct editor ver - thanks for the suggestions...

leftyretro

I also downloaded and ran the 5.0.8 patch and now the editor/help/about reports:
"5.0.8 syntax DLL 131072"

However I still get a syntax error when I try the BINTOASCII example you posted elsewhere. Any ideas ?
Thanks

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I'm having the same problem. Cannot get BINTOASCII/BCDTOASCII to work, and have uninstalled and re-installed a number of times now.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
It does appear that there may be an issue with the patch updating correctly. However the previous discussed workaround will resolve the issue.

1) navigate to the Program Files/Programming Editor/compiler sub-folder
2) delete all the files in this folder
3) re-run the 508 patch, selecting the repair option

This will ensure you have the correct updated compiler files.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Ignore - Sometimes I can't read what's in front of me :)

Edited by - hippy on 27/03/2007 18:59:17