help on using program editor

wenglao

After I install the editor and open it.. I stick on the About mode and no repsonse ? Anyone can help me how to fix it ??

chrislxf

i checked again, it says something about runtime error. I running it under xp service pack 2. Guys, any idea what i should do.... Thanks in advance

wenglao

it said “Run-time error '-2147024809 (80070057)' and then SRCVW32lex routine:putRegExpPropHelper-Invalid or unrecognized expression syntax..."

How can I solve it?

I looked at the forum and technical said I should delete srcvw4.dll. When I try it, another problem come out.

So Do you have a perfect solulation on that ? Thanks

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
You need to uninstall and then reinstall the software (full version, not the patch).

chrislxf

Yup, downloaded Full version (27mb). Problem presist, dead beat. However, reinstalled windows 2k sp4. Worked perfectly. Sigh.....

wenglao

Where I can download the full version. Mine was downloading from the web (the 27 MB one). I try to reinstall many time. Same thing happened.. I am using WinXP SP1...

Thanks

chrislxf

wenglao,
It's stupid microsoft. Software is not compatible w/ Windows XP SP1/SP2. Everything will go away if u use 2k or lower. Good luck.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
While some problems may rest in the domain of Microsoft, the Programming Editor software is not incompatible with XP. I've used it successfully with Windows XP, XP SP1 and XP SP2.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/forum/Topic.asp?topic_id=6020

Technical : <i>There is no password required. </i>

cylau

&lt;Removed as incorrect and misleading procedure, resulting in incorrect files.&gt;

Edited by - Admin on 14/02/2007 20:38:17

Dippy

I can only re-iterate hippy's comments and say I've never had problems with 98SE, XP + SP1 or SP2 on 5 PCs.

Its so difficult to point to a certain configuration as the cause of a fault as peoples PCs can be loaded up with all sorts of software - some of which may cause a conflict. Or, during the removal of old software, its possible to have removed something which shouldn't have been removed.

The only problem I ever had was the use of a USB-Serial adaptor (a.n.otherbrand not Rev-Ed) on HP notebooks. So we used BrainBoxes PCM serial adaptor. Expensive but flawless. But I never found out why the adaptor wouldn't work.

It can be an annoying side-effect of Windows being a mega-complex 'Jack of All trades' O/S; brilliant though it is (in fairness).

Sometimes you can pinpoint things by tediously starting with drivers removed to see if there is a conflict.

Sorry I can't help. I'm just saying that the fault may (repeat May) not be caused by what you think. And sometimes you have to start all over again (aaargh!).

The 'fix' can be very time consuming, but as the Editor works fine in 99.9% of PCs I'd point my finger-of-blame elsewhere.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
There is no problem using the software on XP, the vast majority of peopld do so!

This error:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=1 face=arial>quote:<hr height=1 noshade>
it said &#8220;Run-time error '-2147024809 (80070057)' and then SRCVW32lex routine:putRegExpPropHelper-Invalid or unrecognized expression syntax...&quot;
<hr height=1 noshade></BLOCKQUOTE></font><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2>

is purely caused by an out of date system file (srcvw4.dll) on your computer. Note this file is a common file used by several commercial applications (e.g. Microchip MPLAB aswell as the Programming Editor).

Therefore if you remove all instances of this file from your computer, and then reinstall the Programming Editor 5.0.7 full version (which includes the correct, latest version of this file) you will have the correct version installed on your machine and the error should go away.

It is not an XP problem, it is an installation problem on your particular computer.

cylau

To wenglao: I actually post a reply to resolve this problem. But this is not approve by the technical support. If you can leave your email, I can let you try.

wenglao

I got the reason why it happened. whenever i change the setting of &quot;language for non-unicode program&quot; in control to other languages. The error comes out. I can open the program if I change it back to english..

manojtm

hi.
can i use 12F629 insted of PICAXE08 ?
same command will do??
anybody have BASIC Compiler for MPLABIDE??

BeanieBots

12F629 + Rev-ED firmware = PICAXE08
You CANNOT load the firmware yourself.

So, yes as far as programming in assembler is concerned, the two are the same. Once an 08 has been programmed with assembler, you CANNOT get it back to be an 08 again.

If you wish to program in BASIC using the free programming editor, then no, you MUST use the 08, a 12F629 will NOT work because it does not have the required firmware.

Edited by - beaniebots on 22/02/2007 11:48:15

manojtm

Thank you beane,
in india ican't get PICAXE chip only 12F629
because of that the programeEditor software is no use for me.Now iam using MicroBasic software this is also a free software,but the thing is command code is different Ex:. PIN is here GPIO ;
if you know the full code, pls give to me

cylau

This is about the text editor that you are using is a latest beta version. If you roll back to the latest stable version it can support unicode. You can find it in the Internet. If you leave your email I can mail to you. They don't allow me to post something to modify their software.

wenglao

Thank You so much .. cylau. I am very interested on that. Can you send me to my e-mail franklin.lao@gmail.com