Programming Editor crashes on start up

hi, i was running picaxe programming software for about a month on this pc now, and i connected it to my picaxe 18 after editing a code previously written on an 08 chip. i powered up, reset the 18 and selected to run the new modified code. it came up with the error saying it was the incorrect chip, so i went to apply new settings - as you can on the error message, i selected the 18, then accidently pressed cancel.
i tried again by goibng to options to change the chip, which i did, then went to programe the chip and it crashed, so i 'ended now' the programme. i reopened the programming editor, and tried again, and as it was loading- with the startup screen with the pic of the robot, just before you select which chip u use, it crasshes and becomes non responsive.
i installed sopftware again - selecting 'repair' and same again.

I restarted pc and the same thing happend.
i turned off pc, left for 5 then back on, and the same happend. i uninstalled software, and redownloaded it from web, still same thing happens

does anyone know what i have done wrong?
and how i can remidy the issue?
thanks.
nat

seems to beb ok now, maybe was a glitch, but i do need to wait for a while for it to load up, then its fine :)

robotic arm here i come!

nat