Programming editor won't TX to usb serial conv from mct.com.tw

Tomsan

picaxe--->Terminal console can TX to usb serial convertor. I can see this on a cro.
But when I do picaxe--->Run I can not see any TX and '' Hardware not found is reported"

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
There are no known issues with our USB adapter USB010, 100s of people are using it with the PICAXE system, it is more likely that your PICAXE download wiring is incorrect.

For the USB adapter you should make sure you have the latest driver and follow the installation instructions to set the USB port to COM1 to 6. Instructions and drivers are on the software page of this site.

Edited by - Technical on 6/10/2003 4:22:14 PM

Tomsan

The usb serial converter I use is from http://www.mct.com.tw with latest driver and my laptop has winXp home edition. I have nearily confirmed that prog editor run command does not talk to usb convertor but terminal command works OK.
On my old laptop with win98 and serial port if i press run without hardware the TX logic level will go from 1 to 0(rs232 -ve to +ve) for 2.5sec before declaring "hardware not found"

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Unfortunately we can only support our USB adapter, which is known to work without problems. We cannot proviode support for other brands. It sounds like you have a faulty adapter or driver.