Picaxe 8 versus 28X infraout

puppetmaster

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and i hope that you can help me.

I just bought the 28X and want to use it as an IR-transmitter. How do i do that, i can see that the 08 has a pin for IR out and also a command (irfanout deviceCode, command), but how can it be done whith the 28X??
I can't use the 08 because i need 10 digital inputs...

regards

Claus Petersen

ylp88

Bad luck! Infraout can only be used on 08M chips... You could use the 28X you have to serially transmit the data you want to send via IR to an 08M chip which will then receiver the data and then transmit it via IR.

ylp88

Edited by - ylp88 on 8/26/2005 11:03:47 AM

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
A variety of mechanisms for generating IR from a non-08M PICAXE have been discussed on he forum ( try Forum Search, top right of page ), the most promising looking, without using any extra hardware, would be to set the PWMOUT to the carrier frequency, connect the pointy end of the IR LED to the PWMOUT line, and control the other end of the LED via a 220R from another Digital Output Pin. Bit-bang the IR code using PULSOUT's to that and it should work.

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this or has got it to work yet - It should work with any PICAXE which supports the PWMOUT command, which includes the 28X.