can't open port error

teemodel

Here is the error message I get - Error: Can't open port /dev/tty.usbserial-0000101D (err=2: no such file or directory)
Running an IMac with OSX 10.8.5.
I just fell off the turnip truck when it comes to ports.
Thx
Teemodel
I have downloaded the driver three times and when I open the installer it runs and says done. I have tried it without the AXE075 in and out. I cannot locate the driver on my hd. The cord appears under USB listings. The error message now reads "Error: Hardware not found on /dev/tty.usbserial-000013fdi". If I could find the driver I might be able to change the location to the one shown on the USB listing. Help!
Teemodel

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
You do not change the driver settings. They actually appear to be working ok.

What you do under File>options>port in the AXEpad software is type in the number of the port as it appears on your machine in /dev/ (e.g. /dev/tty.usbserial-000013FD) or whatever it may be.

Be very careful typing, do not confuse i with 1 and use the correct upper/lower case.

teemodel

Thanks Techie. I was not aware of the option. The correct port worked but did not change permanently. Next time I loaded program it went back to the incorrect port no.. Can I make it permanent? Thx.
teemodel