Linux woes

jacobite

I'm using Xubuntu 12.04 but LinAXEpad doesn't recognise the hardware when I try to download the program. I read in another post that in Ubuntu 12.04 the udev rules were changed (this seems to be confirmed because when I add the udev rule in patch option 2, as recommended in the axe027 document, and do "sudo udevcontrol reload_rules", I get an error: command udevcontrol not recognised).

Has anyone had success using Ubuntu 12.04+?

Thanks in advance.

update: just saw the thread - "LinAXEpad won't run on Ubuntu 12.10". I should be able to fix the problem with the info here because I'm getting the same problems. If not I'll be back.

Last edited:

Plutonium5793

It is looking like one needs a 64 bit Axepad. I am having the same problems under Fedora 19. Axepad is hunting for several soft links to 32 bit libraries which no longer exist. A 64 bit version would solve this, I think.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE Forum Plutonium5793.

Unfortunately different Linux distros ship with different libraries. It should however be possible to obtain those libraries which should then resolve any missing soft links, which in turn should allow AXEpad to run.

There may be help on doing that from other Fedora or Linux using forum members and probably from the Fedora community itself -

http://fedoraproject.org

spilso56

linux woes cont...
Firstly thanks to the many who have helped me get axepad running in various ubuntu distos - all good
I have installed 13.10 on my sony pro ( a story in itself) and have installed axepad. Alas no joy - a libs issue I suspect.
Has anyone managed to get it running

cheers spils