Linaxepad problem

jacobite

Not sure if this is a configuration issue but I've never had this problem with other Linux apps. I'm using Axepad 1.5 and Xubuntu 12.04. When I start Axepad, the menu fonts appear to be too large and the window is positioned in the top left corner of the screen such that the window bar is obscured (so I can't move the window).

axepad.png

Is there something I can change in the configuration file (axepad.ini) which would fix this? I could change the font DPI but this would apply to ALL my apps, so other app menu fonts would then be too small. I don't know whether it's possible to change font sizes by application, rather than globally across the entire system.

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE Forum.

On positioning; when AXEpad starts up it lets the window manager display the application where it wants to. It would seem it is putting it at (0,0) but with respect to the screen rather than with respect to the workspace. This would seem to be a window manager issue, in not adjusting where (0,0) is when the task bar is at the top of screen.

AXEpad doesn't force its screen position so there's nothing obvious which can be changed to alter that behaviour. You could perhaps move the task bar down to the bottom of the screen and see if that helps.

I believe the window manager provides the font and size for menus and the like so AXEpad has no control over those either.

You could try a different windows manager other than Xfce to see if that improves things.

jacobite

Not much help at the Xfce forum, but I fixed the large font issue by switching from the default Droid Sans to Arial. It still opens with the window bar cut off, but I found out how to move the window using the keyboard.