Five control projects using inexpensive 433 MHz modules

saunj

These are several compatible devices which use keyed controls using inexpensive modules. They were constructed in order to get experience in using radio frequency communications in PICAXE devices.The RF components use AMK (On-OFF) keying in the 433.92 MHZ ISM band, which may have a range up to 1 Km.
The RF modules are apparently made by the Wenshing company. Their transmitter module is part TWS-BS and the receiver RWS-371. In the U.S. they are sold by SparkFun, but I re-used surplus boards from junk assemblies for the two hand-held transmitters.
The main problem to be solved is the frequent bursts from other sources, and the continual noise pulses from the receiver.
The transmitters provide short bursts with a format which may be used for any of the receivers. The action taken by a receiver then depends on the command in the message. This may be easily changed in the PICAXE program.
For complete details please see my web site: http://projects.worsleyassociates.com/RF_Projects

westaust55

wow really ! Picaxe is useful this way.But still now i don't have knowledge about picaxe program? how do i learn this one? any study material is here.
Reading the PICAXE manuals would be a good start.
In particular manual 2 has details for all the BASIC commands.
Manual one has some simple tutorials. Manual three covers connecting basic input devices (eg switches) and output devices (eg LED's, servos, LCDs etc).

Start small and get some experience before trying to undertake major/comes projects. With bigger projects aim to break it down into modules and get each part working the. Bring it all together.

MPep

Wow really ! Picaxe is useful this way. But still now i don't have knowledge about picaxe program? How do i learn this one? Any study material is here.
You have made many posts, asking for lots of info. Have you done any reading of the Manuals that are available for download? Bought any starter packs to get started?
The majority of us are self-taught, and share our experiences through this forum.
To be asked 'open' questions like yours really defeats the purpose!

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
wow really ! Picaxe is useful this way.But still now i don't have knowledge about picaxe program? how do i learn this one? any study material is here.
For many people the best way to learn is by doing. With PICAXE hardware in hand you can set about doing something with that, reference the manuals, www.picaxe.com website and even this forum to see how that would be done. Forum members will usually be delighted to help or point you in the right direction.

Once you have gained some practical experience in even the most basic experiments you should find you understand a whole lot more and can quickly progress to more complicated things.