home made fruit / slot machine

ld-no.77

View attachment 11711

This is my home made slot machine, i finished it just before christmas but have been slow to post it.
This machine still has a few faults

one is that one of the mp3 players can sometimes play the wrong samples, this is a noise problem but im not sure if its 28x2 main brain or the mp3 player, an oscilloscope on the serial line could find out but i dont have one and it does not bother me.

another problem is that it sometimes gives a free credit after the payout solenoid has been activated but this could probably be fixed just by relocating the 08m that checks the coin opto sensors which i might do one day.

and the last problem is that it rarely pays the full jackpot out before the 08m that controls the payout solenoid crashes and resets. This might be fixed by putting an opto isolator before the darlington and relay, i might try this one day too.

back open 2.JPG

The main board is powered by a 28x2 which sends and receives serial to the lcd display, stepper motor controller, 2x mp3 players, coin sensor board, payout board. It also polls the switches and controls the lights/leds via 8 shift registers connected to darlinton transistors

The payout board is run by an old 08m that receives serial and controls a mains powered solenoid via a relay and darlington

The coin sensor board is run by another old 08m that reads two ir opto sensors through adc inputs and when requested through serial transmits the amount of credits to the 28x2

The motor controller is a 18m2 that is connected to 4 opto sensors for initial setup to find reel positions and then receives serial commands telling it which reels to spin and how many times and then reply with there position.

There are two MOL-AU5121 sd card mp3 players that receive serial commands from the 28x2 to play specific tracks and adjust volume. one mp3 player is used for music and the other is used for vocal, button and other samples.

There is also an oled serial display used to show credits, bank and other information.

This post would be a lot longer and more detailed if there was not a attachment limit to posts but below is a video of me playing the machine.

[video=youtube_share;7AWnTgWsFsA]http://youtu.be/7AWnTgWsFsA[/video]

Attachments

techElder

You should have built it with some "up and down" wheels instead of all those "left and right" wheels! <GRIN>

Wow! You live dangerously! A bunch of wiring done on a proto-board in the bottom.

That is one fantastic project. Don't stop now.

ld-no.77

You should have built it with some "up and down" wheels instead of all those "left and right" wheels! <GRIN>

Wow! You live dangerously! A bunch of wiring done on a proto-board in the bottom.

That is one fantastic project. Don't stop now.
yeh my camera skills are a bit dodgy lol, and i thought about making a pcb but i am not great at ironing tracks on copper boards, i end up with lots of solder bridging broken tracks. occasionally a switch or light will stop working but i just put my hand in there and wiggle the wires and the problem is fixed lol.